Single Sign-On Grant
In their constant endeavor to boost student success, Higher-Ed Institutions are embarking on several new IT initiatives. Smart learning programs, eLearning, Smart classrooms, Digitally Hyper-connected campuses etc. are great initiatives to boost learning outcomes. Institutions heavily rely upon apps to deliver these services. Apps act as an interface to end users and help them get everything from paying of fees to viewing and managing class schedules to viewing results of an evaluation. But, it doesn’t come without its own set of challenges such as:
- How do users seamlessly toggle between different applications such as Banner®, Canvas®, Office 365® that are each designed for specific purposes?
- How do IT teams securely deliver a plethora of these apps without making users sink in a deluge of credentials?
- How can they prevent users from nosediving into an endless ‘Forgot Password-Reset Password’ rigmarole?
SINGLE SIGN-ON GRANT OVERVIEW
The Single Sign-On Grant provides selected institutions a Grant reward up to $100,000 over a period of five years which covers licensing, hosting, and professional services associated with implementing single sign-on.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
There are limited number of partial and full Grants to be awarded
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- K-12 Schools and accredited institutions of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
- Previous awardees are eligible. Applicants are required to fill in separate applications for each Grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of the campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve, and why the Grant would be helpful to the institution.
- Grant Application Due Date: August 26, 2019
- Phone Interview with Grant Application Review Committee by: September 2, 2019
- Grant Applicant Interview and Technical Assessment Session by: September 9, 2019
- Grant Award Letter Issued to Grant Recipients by: September 16, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by: September 23, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by: September 24, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by: October 7, 2019