Self-Service Password Manager Grant
Manual password reset is a very common problem in many Institutions. The amount of calls that the IT helpdesk receives can skyrocket not just shooting up helpdesk costs but also keeping them waiting for a long time until their passwords are manually reset.
Password Manager is a Self-Service Password Reset tool that lets your end users recover their accounts and passwords without having to call the IT helpdesk. This not only cuts short the time they get access to the portal but, also helps save a lot of helpdesk costs. In addition to it, you could completely get rid of ‘default passwords’ by helping first-time users set up their accounts, passwords and security questions on their own.
BENEFITS OF A SELF-SERVICE PASSWORD MANAGER
To deliver uninterrupted access to essential applications without the dependency on the IT helpdesk, campuses automate password resets. It not only gives students instant access to their accounts through self-service password reset but also frees the IT helpdesk thereby delivering considerable IT cost savings.
The Self-Service Password Manager Grant provides selected institutions a grant award up to $50,000 over a period of five years which covers Software Licensing, Hosting, Support and Professional Services costs associated with implementing a self-service password management solution.
SELF-SERVICE PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES
The Self-Service Password Manager Grant functionality includes configuration against multiple directory servers, security questions, mutli-factor password recover, password policy configuration, expiry notifications and many other security features.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
Five (5) grants available
WHO CAN APPLY?
K-12 Schools and Accredited Institutions of Higher Education
- Apply for the Grant by March 20th, 2019
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by March 27th, 2019
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by April 3rd, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by April 9th, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by April 16th, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by May 1st, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form
- Submit grant applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm ET on March 20th, 2019
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
- Preference will be given to applications who have a letter of recommendation from a previous grant recipient