Self-Service Password Manager Grant
Manual password reset is a very common problem in many Institutions. The amount of calls that the IT helpdesk receives can skyrocket not just shooting up helpdesk costs but also keeping them waiting for a long time until their passwords are manually reset.
Password Manager is a Self-Service Password Reset tool that lets your end users recover their accounts and passwords without having to call the IT helpdesk. This not only cuts short the time they get access to the portal but, also helps save a lot of helpdesk costs. In addition to it, you could completely get rid of ‘default passwords’ by helping first-time users set up their accounts, passwords and security questions on their own.
BENEFITS OF A SELF-SERVICE PASSWORD MANAGER
To deliver uninterrupted access to essential applications without the dependency on the IT helpdesk, campuses automate password resets. It not only gives students instant access to their accounts through self-service password reset but also frees the IT helpdesk thereby delivering considerable IT cost savings.
SELF-SERVICE PASSWORD MANAGER FEATURES
The Self-Service Password Manager Grant functionality includes configuration against multiple directory servers, security questions, multi-factor password recover, password policy configuration, expiry notifications and many other security features.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
There are limited number of partial and full Grants to be awarded
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- K-12 Schools and accredited institutions of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
- Previous awardees are eligible. Applicants are required to fill in separate applications for each Grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of the campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve, and why the Grant would be helpful to the institution.
- Grant Application Due Date: October 25, 2019
- Phone Interview with Grant Application Review Committee by: November 1, 2019
- Grant Applicant Interview and Technical Assessment Session by: November 8, 2019
- Grant Award Letter Issued to Grant Recipients by: November 15, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by: November 22, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by: November 25, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by: December 6, 2019