IT Security & Vulnerability Assessment In-Kind Grant
Type of Grant: In-Kind Software and Services
Eligible Award Amount: Up To $20,000 Over 3 Years
Application Deadline Until: April 28, 2021
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
It is the mission of the Consortium to help institutions use technology to achieve their strategic plans, modernize the student experience and make education more accessible and affordable for the communities served. Campus Consortium grant programs are designed to provide awarded institutions with in-kind solutions and services that are powered by technology partners who have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to serving the needs of campuses and have a track record of successful implementations.
The Campus Consortium has partnered with OculusITTM to provide the technology platform and services for the IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment Grant.
Please note: Campus Consortium In-kind grants are offered only with our specific EdTech vendor/partners. There is no cash award instead we provide underwriting funds that are distributed to the chosen partner on your institution’s behalf. Additionally most Campus Consortium In-kind grants do not eliminate the entire cost of the solution but they significantly reduce the cost of software and services. Most Campus Consortium In-kind grants require financial contribution from the awarded institution as a shared cost model to pay for the total cost of ownership of the selected solution.
IT SECURITY AND VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT IN-KIND GRANT OVERVIEW
The IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment In-Kind Grant is designed to provide awarded institutions with a comprehensive IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment service. Following the Campus Consortium’s due diligence process, Grant recipients may receive a coverage up to $20,000 in services for a term of up to three (3) years.
IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment will help identify IT risks and vulnerabilities by overviewing below:
- Data security policies relating to the server, network, database and applications in place
- Data loss prevention measures deployed
- Effective network access controls implemented
- Detection/prevention systems deployed
- Security controls established (physical and logical)
- Incident response program implemented
- Risk assessment and management
- Security program assessment
- Policy writing and review
- Identity and access management
- Software development security
- Asset security
- Communications and network security
- Vendor management
- Vulnerability scan of the key servers, network devices and URLs.
Please note: Only a limited number of institutions will be awarded.
BENEFITS OF THE IT SECURITY AND VULNERABILITY IN-KIND GRANT
- Assessments will support to maintain a powerful security posture and will help institutions assess the risks over Information Security landscape.
- IT Security and Vulnerability assessment will evaluate an organizations system by considering external and internal threats.
- Assessment will help in identifying the current security vulnerabilities, inefficiencies and noncompliance’s with standards for security policies.
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
Please note: If your institution has previously received a grant award for other Campus Consortium grants, your campus is eligible to apply for this grant.
GRANT APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINESGRANT APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
- In-Kind Grant Application Submission – Applications will be accepted until April 28, 2021
- (For Shortlisted Applicants) In-Kind Grant Assessment & Technical Due Diligence Interview
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Package Walkthrough
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Master License and Services Agreement
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Statement of Work/SOW
- In-Kind Grant Project Kickoff
- Campus Consortium intends to announce In-Kind Grant Awardees by June 7, 2021
Dates and deadlines are subjected to change based on the number of applications received.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the grant, then write to us at email@example.com.