IT Security & Vulnerability Assessment Grant
Type of Grant: In-Kind Software and Services
Eligible Award Amount: Up To $20,000 Over 3 Years
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
It is the mission of the Consortium to help institutions use technology to achieve their strategic plans, modernize the student experience and make education more accessible and affordable for the communities served. Campus Consortium grant programs are designed to provide awarded institutions with in-kind solutions and services that are powered by technology partners who have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to serving the needs of campuses and have a track record of successful implementations.
The Campus Consortium has partnered with OculusITTM to provide the technology platform and services for the IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment Grant.
IT SECURITY AND VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT GRANT OVERVIEW
Grant will help to review IT Security Policies, Procedures and their Operating Effectiveness.
Additionally, IT Security Audits Identify Internal Control and Regulatory Deficiencies that could put the organization at Risks.
IT Security and Vulnerability Assessment will help identify IT risks and vulnerabilities by overviewing below –
- Data security policies relating to the server, network, database and applications in place
- Data loss prevention measures deployed
- Effective network access controls implemented
- Detection/prevention systems deployed
- Security controls established (physical and logical)
- Incident response program implemented
- Risk assessment and management
- Security program assessment
- Policy writing and review
- Identity and access management
- Software development security
- Asset security
- Communications and network security
- Vendor management
- Vulnerability scan of the key servers, network devices and URLs.
Please note: Only a limited number of institutions will be awarded.
BENEFITS OF THE IT SECURITY AND VULNERABILITY GRANT
Assessments will support to maintain a powerful security posture and will help institutions assess the risks over Information Security landscape.
IT Security and Vulnerability assessment will evaluate an organizations system by considering external and internal threats.
Assessment will help in identifying the current security vulnerabilities, inefficiencies and noncompliance’s with standards for security policies.
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
Please note: If your institution has previously received a grant award for other Campus Consortium grants, your campus is eligible to apply for this grant.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the grant, then write to us at email@example.com.