The Campus Consortium Technology Grant Program offers grants for a variety of solutions, products and services, funded by its members and its technology vendor. These grants are designed to provide institutions the opportunity to implement modern technology services that meet the changing needs of institutions and their constituents while reducing time and costs typically associated with implementing new technology.
Campus Consortium is proud to offer the NOC-as-a-Service grant to educational institutions interested in leveraging 24×7 network monitoring and support under the guidance of a fully-staffed Network Operations Center.
NOC-as-a-Service is a fully staffed and secured offering, designed to ensure cost effective, scalable, and 24×7 monitoring and support. The Network Operations Center (NOC) monitors more than 10,000 devices that include hosted applications, servers, network devices, storage appliances, and IOTs. Our NOC engineers are certified professionals with expertise in Oracle® Cloud, AWS®, Azure®, Google Cloud Platform, OHC, and RHEL.
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Campus Consortium offers Grant Programs for a variety of solutions, products, and services. These in-kind grants of software and services are underwritten by Campus Consortium technology vendors and are designed to give Institutions with smaller IT budget a chance to implement new technology services that meet their needs while reducing time and costs associated with implementing new technologies.
Campus Consortium help Institutions reduce costs while implementing the vendors’ technologies on campus. Interviews and technical assessment are required of all selected applicants.
NOC-AS-A-SERVICE GRANT OVERVIEW
This in-kind grant of software and services is underwritten by Campus Consortium technology vendor, and is designed to provide an institution with NOC Service.
The NOC-as-a-Service Grant provides selected institutions an in-kind grant of software and services award up to $50,000 over a period of five years. The grant is intended at covering cost towards licensing, hosting, professional services, and support costs associated with the implementation of the NOC service.
*A limited number of in-kind grants of software and services to be awarded.
BENEFITS OF THE NOC-AS-A-SERVICE
With the 24×7 NOC-as-a-Service, your data centers are secure round-the-clock. It offers a Network Operations Center that works with the onsite staff to monitor your servers and infrastructure. The NOC experts maintain your inventory and document IP-addressable devices. The methodology offers documentation for named individuals who will be granted access to reporting capabilities. The service manages the threshold settings on each system and monitor devices with onsite staff to determine optimum settings. With low cost and higher ROI, NOC-as-a-Service also offers higher uptimes, unrivalled efficiency, SLA reporting, dashboard view, reporting and metrics.
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
*Previous awardees are eligible to apply.
- Grant Application Due Date: December 27, 2019, 5:00 PM CT
- Applications reviewed by Grant Consideration Committee: December 27 – January 3, 2020
- Applicant Interview Assessment with Grant Application Review Committee Member by: January 13, 2020
- Scope and Project review by Grant Consideration Committee: January 13 – January 20, 2020
- Applicant Technical Assessment Session with Technology Vendor by: January 27, 2020
- Award Announcement to selected Grant Recipients by: February 3, 2020
- Award Package Issued to selected Grant Recipients by: February 3, 2020
- Award Package walk-through and Grant recipient sign-off by: February 10 , 2020
- Project Kick-Off by: February 24, 2020
*Dates and deadlines are subjected to change based on the number of applications received.