Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) In-Kind Grant
Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
Prepare for the most significant cybersecurity change in 20 years
to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) Safeguards Rule.
Eligible Award Amount: Up To $50,000
Application Deadline: Closed
Congress enacted the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (‘‘GLB’’ or ‘‘GLBA’’) in 1999. The Act is intended to provide strong privacy and security requirements for all institutions that deal with financial information, with the ultimate goal of protecting the customers and their data. This regulation has been the driver of information security policy at most financial institutions for the last 20 years. The most recent amendment brings major changes to the regulation that must be instituted by December 2022.
The GLBA applies to all U.S. financial institutions and impacts all types of organizations that handle the personal financial information of their customers, including educational institutions. The GLBA amendment was issued as a Final Rule by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on December 9th, 2021, and the new provisions in part 314.5 will be applicable December 9th, 2022. Schools without prescribed GLBA safeguards may be found administratively incapable (unable to properly administer Title IV funds) by the Department of Higher Education.
Campus Consortium offers an In-Kind Grant to qualified educational institutions for a “GLBA Compliance Assessment and GLBA Mitigation.” The consortium has partnered with OculusIT, an EdTech company with a long history of providing secure technology solutions and services for the education sector. The intent of this In-Kind Grant from the consortium is to subsidize the cost for services that provide assessment, intervention, and corrective action that bring the educational institution into GLBA compliance.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools and school districts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
GRANT APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
- Grant Application Submission – Applications will be accepted until – September 07, 2022
- Campus Consortium intends to announce Grant Awardees by September 14, 2022
- (For Shortlisted Applicants) Grant Assessment & Technical Due Diligence Interview – September 21,22,23 2022
- (For Awardees) Grant Award Package Walkthrough – September 28,29,30 2022
- (For Awardees) Grant Award Master License and Services Agreement – October 05,06,07 2022
- (For Awardees) Grant Award Statement of Work/SOW – October 12,13,14 2022
- Grant Project Kickoff – October, November 2022
(Find out more about Campus Consortium In-Kind Grants or email firstname.lastname@example.org)