GDPR Assessment Grant
Based on the alarming non-compliance instances, Campus Consortium strives to safeguard individual privacy rights through its first ever General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Assessment Grant.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European Union (EU) privacy law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It is designed to give individuals control over their personal data and is an important effort for protecting individual rights and freedoms. The GDPR applies to any organization based in the EU and organizations—wherever they are located—that are selling goods and services in the EU or processing personal data of individuals in the EU.
Organizations that comply with GDPR regulations smoothly and readily will strengthen their relationships with customers by protecting the security and privacy of their data and providing transparency into policies and principles.
Additionally, the robust data management capabilities required to achieve compliance can enable businesses to better engage with customers, empower employees, and optimize the creation and delivery of products and services.
BENEFITS OF (GDPR) ASSESSMENT GRANT
1. An onsite visit.
2. Thorough audit.
3. Recommendation reports for vulnerability assessments under The General Data Protection Regulation.
In addition, Grant Awardees will also be eligible for Exclusive Consortium Rates to migrate their infrastructure to the cloud and be disaster ready.
*Auditor’s travel and lodging will be hosted by the institution and will not be covered in the grant award.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
There are limited number of partial and full Grants to be awarded
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- K-12 Schools and accredited institutions of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
- Previous awardees are eligible. Applicants are required to fill in separate applications for each Grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of the campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve, and why the Grant would be helpful to the institution.
- Grant Application Due Date: October 25, 2019
- Phone Interview with Grant Application Review Committee by: November 1, 2019
- Grant Applicant Interview and Technical Assessment Session by: November 8, 2019
- Grant Award Letter Issued to Grant Recipients by: November 15, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by: November 22, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by: November 25, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by: December 6, 2019