GDPR Assessment Grant
Based on the alarming non-compliance instances, Campus Consortium strives to safeguard individual privacy rights through its first ever General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Assessment Grant for Higher-Ed institutions.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new European Union (EU) privacy law that came into effect on May 25, 2018. It is designed to give individuals control over their personal data and is an important effort for protecting individual rights and freedoms. The GDPR applies to any organization based in the EU and organizations—wherever they are located—that are selling goods and services in the EU or processing personal data of individuals in the EU.
Organizations that comply with GDPR regulations smoothly and readily will strengthen their relationships with customers by protecting the security and privacy of their data, and providing transparency into policies and principles. Additionally, the robust data management capabilities required to achieve compliance can enable businesses to better engage with customers, empower employees, and optimize the creation and delivery of products and services.
Key Components of the Grant:
Campus Consortium is proud to offer a first of its kind competitive GDPR Assessment Grant in collaboration with its trusted technology partner as part of the Campus Consortium Grant Program. The grant helps fund up to $8,000 in the entire process of assessment that includes:
- An onsite visit
- Thorough audit
- Recommendation reports for vulnerability assessments under The General Data Protection Regulation
In addition, Grant Awardees will also be eligible for Exclusive Consortium Rates to migrate their infrastructure to the cloud and be disaster ready.
*Auditor’s travel and lodging will be hosted by the institution and will not be covered in the grant award.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
Only five grants available
WHO CAN APPLY?
K-12 Schools and Accredited Institutions of Higher Education
- Applications Open on December 3rd, 2018
- Apply for the Grant by January 14th, 2019
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by January 21st, 2019
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by January 24th, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by January 28th, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by January 31st, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by February 11th, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form
- Submit grant applications to email@example.com by 5:00 pm ET on January 14th, 2019
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
- Preference will be given to applications who have a letter of recommendation from a previous grant recipient