Digital Accessibility Mitigation and Resolution In-Kind Grant
Type of Grant: In-Kind Software and Services
Eligible Award Amount: Up To $50,000 Over 5 Years
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM IN-KIND GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
It is the mission of the Consortium to help institutions use technology to achieve their strategic plans, modernize the student experience and make education more accessible and affordable for the communities served. Campus Consortium in-kind grant programs are designed to provide awarded institutions with in-kind solutions and services that are powered by technology partners who have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to serving the needs of higher education institutions and have a successful track record.
The Campus Consortium has partnered with OculusIT™ to provide the solution and services for the Digital Accessibility Mitigation and Resolution In-Kind Grant.
Please note: Campus Consortium In-kind grants are offered only with our specific EdTech vendors/partners. There is no cash award; instead, we provide underwriting funds that are distributed to the chosen partner on your institution’s behalf. Additionally, most Campus Consortium In-kind grants do not eliminate the entire cost of the solution, but they significantly reduce the cost of software and services. Most Campus Consortium In-kind grants require financial contribution from the awarded institution as a shared cost model to pay for the total cost of ownership of the selected solution
DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY MITIGATION AND RESOLUTION IN-KIND GRANT OVERVIEW
The Digital Accessibility Mitigation and Resolution In-Kind Grant is designed to provide a report of an institution’s digital accessibility readiness, itemize high risk priorities and recommend mitigation/resolution. Usability and compliance will be the primary focus of the final report. This in-kind grant takes accessibility from assessment to mitigating outstanding accessibility risks and issues. The service includes evaluation, repair, updates and modification of all digital accessibility issues based on a digital accessibly assessment report. The service is intended to resolve issues that increase usability and reduce compliance risk.
Please note: Only a limited number of institutions will be awarded.
BENEFITS OF THE DIGITAL ACCESSIBILITY MITIGATION AND RESOLUTION IN-KIND GRANT
Digital Accessibility Mitigation and Resolution In-Kind Grant is a useful and critical report to help improve usability and identify risks for higher education:
- Measure accessibility of selected applications against industry standard guidelines and checkpoints
- Produce a before and after report accessibility findings
- Expert analysis by technicians with working knowledge of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Assistive Technology training
- Accessibility modification Services of selected applications
- Expert service from developers with working knowledge of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Assistive Technology training
- Avoid costs of hiring in house expertise
- Trusted advisers and practitioners dedicated to higher education
- Key component of Risk Management Strategies
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
Please note: If your institution has previously received a In-Kind grant award for other Campus Consortium In-Kind grants, your campus is still eligible to apply for this In-Kind grant.