Campus Safety App Grant
Campus Consortium offers Grant Programs for a variety of solutions, products and services. Campus Consortium Grants are funded by Campus Consortium and its Technology Partners. These Grants are designed to give Institutions with a smaller IT budget a chance to implement new technology services that meet the needs of institutions and their constituents. Campus Consortium is proud to provide the Campus Safety App Grant to educational institutions interested in implementing an “emergency” app for use by their students, faculty, and staff that integrates with existing third party applications.
If your institution is looking to replace its current emergency app or implement an emergency app for the first time, we recommend applying for this Grant. This Grant offers your institution a chance to financially take on implementing an emergency app with a clear ROI and no hidden costs that typically prevent most emergency apps from being successfully implemented and maintained.
CAMPUS SAFETY APP OVERVIEW
The campus safety app was created to provide students an emergency app that has the ability to send an alert via App notification, SMS and Email about their location and request for immediate help. Students can further customize this app to send an alert to their parents, guardians, or friends and call the campus police in the event of an incident.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF A CAMPUS SAFETY APP
Think about your target end user – your students. In case of an emergency, when a student double taps the app, their emergency contacts will receive the same alert as the campus police.
The Campus Safety App platform provides your students a one stop shop access to the following:
- Configure campus police as default emergency contact
- Send emergency alerts via App Notification, SMS and Email
- Search for nearby hospitals, police stations
- get safety guideline information
- Set up your profile with your medical information
The grant covers up to $30,000 over five years in licensing and implementation.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
Five (5) grants available
WHO CAN APPLY?
K-12 Schools and Accredited Institutions of Higher Education
- Grant Applications open on January 14th, 2019
- Apply for the Grant by February 5th, 2019
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by February 12th, 2018
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by February 19th, 2018
- Grant Award Walkthrough by February 26th, 2018
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by March 5th, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by March 18th, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
- Download and fill the grant application form.
- Submit grant applications to email@example.com by 5:00 pm ET on February 5th, 2018
- Applicant demonstrates a commitment to implementing the solution (e.g. letter from president highlighting the problem that the solution solves and why the grant would be helpful in meeting strategic objectives)
- Preference will be given to applications who have a letter of recommendation from a previous grant recipient