Campus Safety App Grant
Campus Consortium offers Grant Programs for a variety of solutions, products and services. Campus Consortium Grants are funded by Campus Consortium and its Technology Partners. These Grants are designed to give Institutions with a smaller IT budget a chance to implement new technology services that meet the needs of institutions and their constituents. Campus Consortium is proud to provide the Campus Safety App Grant to educational institutions interested in implementing an “emergency” app for use by their students, faculty, and staff that integrates with existing third party applications.
If your institution is looking to replace its current emergency app or implement an emergency app for the first time, we recommend applying for this Grant. This Grant offers your institution a chance to financially take on implementing an emergency app with a clear ROI and no hidden costs that typically prevent most emergency apps from being successfully implemented and maintained.
CAMPUS SAFETY APP OVERVIEW
The campus safety app was created to provide students an emergency app that has the ability to send an alert via App notification, SMS and Email about their location and request for immediate help. Students can further customize this app to send an alert to their parents, guardians, or friends and call the campus police in the event of an incident.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS OF A CAMPUS SAFETY APP
Think about your target end user – your students. In case of an emergency, when a student double taps the app, their emergency contacts will receive the same alert as the campus police.
The Campus Safety App platform provides your students a one stop shop access to the following:
- Configure campus police as default emergency contact
- Send emergency alerts via App Notification, SMS and Email
- Search for nearby hospitals, police stations
- Get safety guideline information
- Set up your profile with your medical information
The Grant covers up to $30,000 over five years in licensing and implementation.
NO. OF GRANTS AVAILABLE?
There are limited number of partial and full Grants to be awarded
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- K-12 Schools and accredited institutions of Higher Education are eligible to apply.
- Previous awardees are eligible. Separate applications are required for each Grant pursued.
- For swift implementation, applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should ideally indicate problems the solution aims to solve, and why the Grant would be a helpful solution for the institution.
- Preference will be given to applications who have a letter of recommendation from a previous Grant awardee.
- Grant application due date: May 20, 2019
- Review of Application by Grant Review Committee by: May 27, 2019
- Grant Applicant Interview and Technical Expert Session by: May 31, 2019
- Grant Award Letter issued to Grant Recipients by: June 3, 2019
- Grant Award Walkthrough by: June 11, 2019
- Execution of Grant Award Agreement by: June 17, 2019
- Project Kick-Off by: July 1, 2019