Automating Student/Staff Onboarding and Offboarding (Identity Management) In-Kind Grant
Type of Grant: In-Kind Software and Services
Eligible Award Amount: Up To $200,000 Over 5 Years*
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
It is the mission of the consortium to help institutions use technology to achieve their strategic plans, modernize the student experience and make education more accessible and affordable for the communities served. Campus Consortium grant programs are designed to provide awarded institutions with in-kind solutions and services that are powered by technology partners who have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to serving the needs of campuses and have a track record of successful implementations.
The Campus Consortium has partnered with QuickLaunch™ to provide the technology platform and services for the Automating Student/Staff Onboarding and Offboarding (Identity Management) In-Kind Grant to Institutions.
*Please note: Campus Consortium In-kind grants are offered only with our specific EdTech vendor/partners. There is no cash award instead we provide underwriting funds that are distributed to the chosen partner on your institution’s behalf. Additionally most Campus Consortium In-kind grants do not eliminate the entire cost of the solution but they significantly reduce the cost of software and services. Most Campus Consortium In-kind grants require financial contribution from the awarded institution as a shared cost model to pay for the total cost of ownership of the selected solution.
AUTOMATING STUDENT/STAFF ONBOARDING AND OFFBOARDING (IDENTITY MANAGEMENT) IN-KIND GRANT OVERVIEW
The Automating Student/Staff Onboarding and Offboarding (Identity Management) In-Kind Grant is designed to provide awarded institutions with the requisite licenses and services. Following the Campus Consortium’s due diligence process, institutions may receive up to $200,000 in software licenses, support and implementation services for a term of up to five (5) years.
*Please note: Only a limited number of institutions will be awarded
BENEFITS OF THE AUTOMATING STUDENT/STAFF ONBOARDING AND OFFBOARDING (IDENTITY MANAGEMENT) IN-KIND GRANT
- Role-based Access Control: Create and maintain user attributes, such as usernames, roles, and profiles, and automatically assign access permissions to user accounts based on predefined roles and flexible entitlement rules.
- Reduce User Onboarding Costs: Onboarding users manually is a tedious task that can consume a few minutes to hours, hampering IT productivity to a large extent and adding to operational costs. Automation reduces the costs of manual onboarding and ensures admins can dedicate their time to more pressing technical tasks that require their expertise, like cloud transformation or working on other projects.
- Improve Institutional Security: Institutions can achieve just-in-time deprovisioning to ensure that users are removed in real-time from the repository, thereby, bolstering security & compliance. This will help Institutions achieve seamless orchestrated user offboarding, thereby, preventing possible security cracks/lapses arising due to manual deprovisioning.
WHO CAN APPLY AND WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- A “Letter of Intent” may be required from executive leadership (i.e. President/CFO/Provost) of your institution
*Please note: If your institution has previously received a grant award for other Campus Consortium grants, your campus is still eligible to apply for this grant.
IN-KIND GRANT APPLICATION DATES AND DEADLINES
- Applications will be accepted until September 30, 2021, 5 PM ET
- Applications will be reviewed by Campus Consortium’s Grant Review Committee
- (For Shortlisted Applicants) Campus Consortium will notify the Institution
- (For Shortlisted Applicants) In-Kind Grant Assessment & Technical Interview
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Package Walkthrough
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Master License and Services Agreement
- (For Awardees) In-Kind Grant Award Statement of Work/SOW
- In-Kind Grant Project Kickoff
- Campus Consortium intends to announce In-Kind Grant Awardees by November 9, 2021
Dates and deadlines are subjected to change based on the number of applications received.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the Automating Student/Staff Onboarding and Offboarding (Identity Management) In-Kind Grant Application
- Click on the Submit Button and your application will be submitted successfully