AI Chat & Voice Bot for Student Services Grant
The Campus Consortium Technology Grant Program offers grants for a variety of solutions, products and services, funded by its members and its technology vendor. These grants are designed to provide institutions the opportunity to implement modern technology services that meet the changing needs of institutions and their constituents while reducing time and costs typically associated with implementing new technology.
Campus Consortium is proud to provide the AI Chat & Voice Bot for Student Services Grant to educational institutions interested in implementing a smart, AI-powered solution to create a robust 24×7 student services ecosystem at their institution.
If you are aspiring to assist your students with everything from information on enrollment, admissions, financial aid, IT, student accounts, switchboard, to bursar with automated personalized responses, and provide your students 24×7 support for all student offices; we recommend applying for this grant. This grant offers your institution a chance to financially take on implementing a smart, AI-powered student services support framework with a clear ROI and no hidden costs that typically prevent most solutions from being successfully implemented and maintained.
CAMPUS CONSORTIUM GRANT PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Campus Consortium offers Grant Programs for a variety of solutions, products, and services. These in-kind grants of software and services are underwritten by Campus Consortium technology vendors and are designed to give Institutions with smaller IT budget a chance to implement new technology services that meet their needs while reducing time and costs associated with implementing new technologies.
Campus Consortium help Institutions reduce costs while implementing the vendors’ technologies on campus. Interviews and technical assessment are required of all selected applicants.
AI CHAT & VOICE BOT FOR STUDENT SERVICES GRANT OVERVIEW
This in-kind grant of software and services is underwritten by Campus Consortium technology vendor, and is designed to provide an institution with an AI Chat & Voice Bot For Student Services.
The AI Chat & Voice Bot for Student Services Grant provides selected institutions an in-kind grant of software and services award up to $50,000 over a period of five years. The grant is intended at covering cost towards licensing, hosting, professional services, and support costs associated with the implementation of the AI Chat & Voice Bot for Student Services.
*A limited number of in-kind grants of software and services to be awarded.
BENEFITS OF AI CHAT & VOICE BOT FOR STUDENT SERVICES
This grant will enable your end-users to experience 24×7 instant, automated and personalized AI-powered chat support for their queries regarding student offices like IT, admissions, enrollment, financial aid, accounts, switchboard etc. It addresses their queries within seconds resulting in higher levels of engagement, higher student satisfaction rates and reduced service wait-times. It plays a vital role in proactive communication at an institution, ensures faster resolution of students’ queries via chat hence eliminating the number of calls and support costs.
WHO CAN APPLY & WHAT IS THE QUALIFICATION CRITERIA?
- Accredited Higher Education institutions and K-12 schools are eligible to apply.
- Institutions are eligible to apply for multiple grants. Separate applications are required for each grant pursued.
- Applicants are required to demonstrate institutional purpose in the form of a “letter of intent” signed by Dean/President or member of campus leadership team. The letter should indicate the challenges the solution aims to solve and why the grant would be helpful to the institution.
*Previous awardees are eligible to apply.
- Grant Application Due Date: December 20, 2019, 5:00 PM CT
- Applications reviewed by Grant Consideration Committee: December 20 – December 27, 2019
- Applicant Interview Assessment with Grant Application Review Committee Member by: January 10, 2020
- Scope and Project review by Grant Consideration Committee: January 10 – January 17, 2020
- Applicant Technical Assessment Session with Technology Vendor by: January 27, 2020
- Award Announcement to selected Grant Recipients by: February 3, 2020
- Award Package Issued to selected Grant Recipients by: February 3, 2020
- Award Package walk-through and Grant recipient sign-off by: February 10, 2020
- Project Kick-Off by: February 24, 2020
*Dates and deadlines are subjected to change based on the number of applications received.